Monday, February 23, 2009

Entertainment with Oscar!

Finally! An Oscar show that was actually entertaining! I am sure there were some of you out there that were stunned by Hugh Jackman bursting into song and dance and good song and very good dance at that.
Sure, we have had the comics. Some good, some bad and some just tired. BUT this year there was something different. I watched the pre-show stuff and they talked about making these Oscars a tribute to old time Hollywood and with the musical numbers it was right on.
Hugh Jackman has been hosting the Tony awards for several years now and I am glad that Hollywood has picked up on the fact that the audience doesn't need to see year after year of mindless comedy. Entertainment is back!
Hugh Jackman tore up the stage with high energy dance numbers and his singing, though it was good, was not the highlight of his routines. He is a hoofer at heart!
I also liked the way the Oscar ceremony presented the acting awards. Instead of having one presenter, they had 5 winners from the past in that category each introduce the nominee and congratulate the winner. I thought that was classy.
I hadn't seen any of the movies nominated but I was glad Slumdog Millionaire won. It looks like a wonderful inspiring movie and after last year's highly violent winner, it was nice to see a movie that makes people smile - win.
I look forward to seeing Hugh Jackman back next year. Truth be told, I am looking forward to seeing Hugh Jackman anytime!

No comments: