Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Mov-ing Mommy

The movie mommy is tired. No recent reviews...the website is hurtin', I know. But I have been very busy. Just briefly...
I am now wearing the "cloth of the Nation" and I am going to school in Florida for the next 5 weeks.
I have had a busy couple of months. We moved from Florida to Virginia, got an apartment, got in my new job and now, as I said, I am back in Florida. It's hard to get used to but this is the life of someone serving their country.
It is something the family has to get used to as well. Long seperations and odd schedules are often common.
I don't complain though. This is not a complaint. I love the Navy. I love being active duty. The sailors in my class are young but worldy. They talk about stupid stuff they did as "young" sailors but now with 5 (or so) years in - they have learned better. Most are under 30 and most of those are under 25. They don't know about some things in life yet but are not stupid. I have learned the Navy is particular about who they take. And those that slip by don't make it out of bootcamp or through their first enlistment. When they do get out of the Navy they will have a leg up on their peers for sure.
One thing this does is give me hope for the future. I am a bit older than most of them and I have to have faith that these are the folks that can help make a better future. I suppose every generation thinks that of the next.
I suppose I got off the subject a bit. But that is what I am doing these days and why you haven't seen much from me on my blog.
I hope to catch a couple movies today and subsequent weekends that I am here at school.
More later!

No comments: