Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Little Man is Three

Another birthday come and gone. I can't believe it. Last night I was laying in bed thinking about when he was born. When I held him in the hospital and just coming home. Just quiet moments of him sleeping with his head under my chin and his feet not reaching my waist. Back when he was swaddled in a little cocoon. I would look at him and he would look expressionless at me. But I felt we had an understanding...like, I'm new at this too.
I remember thinking he was so awesome, beautiful and well...mine.
I thought about how his skin was only moments ago...my skin...in my body...that my body made him.
Now he seems so far from that. A big boy. But tonight he snuggled with me in my bed and it was nice. Just me and my little man.

2 comments:

Beauty Alchemist said...

Ahhhhhhh, what a beautiful post girl. He is still a little boy, if a bigger little boy. I have never heard you wax so poetic.
Big hugs to the Bday boy.

the movie mommy said...

I guess when it comes from the heart...it comes out perfectly.